Thursday 30 January 2014

Survey Results


I have had 10 responses so far for my music survey and through this survey my most important question has been answered. I have been thinking over the past couple of weeks whether my magazine should be a monthly or weekly magazine so I thought I would add a question related to weekly magazines to see what my response would be. As the NME is one of the magazines I am using as a style model, and being as it is a weekly magazine I wanted to see what response I would get towards producing a magazine that is produced weekly. I also wanted to see whether it is worth me cutting down the age that my target audience are. I think that my current intended audience age (16-29) is far too wide and it may be easier to close that gap and to focus more on a particular age group.

Here are my results.

As you can see the predominant age of people that answered my survey are 16-19 which may indicate that i should narrow my targeted audiences age to ensure I get the response I am looking for. i want my magazine to be as successful as it can and may create another survey for people to answer being more specific to the genre of Indie Rock.

The majority of people are in full time education which again may indicate that I should narrow down the type of person I should be aiming my magazine at. I think i will create another survey to develop my research further.

I have a mixed result on this question. I think I may have to be more specific and if I chose to create another survey i will add a question that asks whether people would be interested in buying a new weekly magazine.

This is a very important question to me as it indicates whether people think there is space in the market for a new weekly magazine to be created. Like I said NME is one of my style models and as far as my research goes I haven't found many other magazines like NME that are weekly, so this is a really positive result which I'm very happy about.


As the majority of my target audience are in full time education, and most likely unemployed, they may be on a budget, which could be a reason why they do not buy music magazines. With this in mind I wanted my magazine to be reasonably priced, if it over priced I doubt that anyone would want to buy it. I want my magazine to be successful but good quality for money, like NME is.

This is also an important question for me, as my magazine is a mainstream magazine similar to NME which has features that are orientated around a specific genre, I wanted to see if people would buy a magazine that is only about one music genre or if they go by whether the magazine is well known or not.

I didn't think that this question would be as diverse as it turned out to be but I think that it is interesting to see the different answers. I'm glad that Indie and Indie rock are up there with Hip Hop, I think if it wasn't that popular in the survey I may begin to question my choice of genre.


No comments:

Post a Comment