Friday 17 January 2014

Magazine Name Analysis

Adbusters - I like this name because its different. I couldn't find any definitions for this magazine but this is what I found out about the name and brand behind it. I love the idea of the name being bold and different and plan to base some of my ideas around this magazine.

 


NME - The NME otherwise known as National Musical Express. I love the acronym of this magazine and the idea of having big bold typography and bold red coloured title. The magazine is well known for its bold title and trademark moves of covering part of the E with the central image of the artist of band. They can afford to do this because the magazine is well known by many people. 




Q - I like Q magazine because its simple. The single letter 'Q' representing the maker of the magazine, Quieten Richardson. I love this idea because like i said its simplistic. The magazine cover pages are often loud and bold, by having such  a simple name it doesn't over power it.




The wire - 
I like the idea of the wire as it is an alternative. Again like Q it represents simplicity. The classic colour combination of black and white also helps to calm the cover pages and keep that balance because, like Q their cover pages and magazine as a whole is loud and alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment