Friday 17 January 2014

Artist and Magazine Name

I have been brainstorming a lot over the past week or so about what to call my band, or artist.

I first came up with the idea of doing a band very similar to the Arctic Monkeys, but decided that this may be too much of a time consuming task as I had no idea, and still have no idea, on who I would use as my models.


I then thought that I could go the other way with it, maybe create a band that are a little bit rough around the edges going along the looks of Miles Kane and Liam Gallagher. But again came to the conclusion that maybe just doing a single artist would be easier. 


With this is mind I began to think about names for just one artist. Several names came to mind but they didn't seem to work.


I had a brain wave, I've decided to call my artist Ruban Royal.


I'm still working on the name of my magazine but I have a couple of names in mind, I'm trying to stick with the theme of royalty, fashion styles that I plan to base my artist around, props, and iconic people around the era of dress (1960-1980s)


Some ideas are:


Mod

Duke
Fort 
Lord



Final decision on MOD

2 comments:

  1. Personally I would like the magazine name Mob, it is an unusual word which has my attention. I think your posts proceeding up to your magazine production is very detailed and a good passion for what you're intending to produce. I am looking forward to seeing your final magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love all the work you have done so far! I can tell that you have spent a lot of time really getting to the detail of all your posts and it's safe to say that that detail is really making your ideas come together! I think your magazine name and also your artist name are incredibly inventive and seem like actual names that you would see in popular culture at the moment! I can't wait to see the rest of your work, well done!

    ReplyDelete