Monday 27 January 2014

Prelim



How does your prelim represent particular social groups?

My magazine is aimed at those aged 16-18, school years 12-13, because of this my prelim represents all types of people as it includes articles on all sorts, from fashion to football. I tried to include a wide range of articles to cover those interests of the most dominant 'stereotypical' college students.

As the magazine is a student magazine for those in sixth form, the different social groups Who would be the intended audience for your product?
My intended audience for my magazine would be 16-18 years old as they are the age of those in sixth form, to ensure I had a wide audience I would try to include articles and features to satisfy the interests of different social groups from 'sport junkies' to the 'fashion crazy' teens.

How did you attract/ address your audience?

I tried to attract the audience of my magazine by featuring a well known student to give the magazine a renowned name, Zoe is a student interested in fashion and I know that there are many students in sixth form that look to her for style ideas and also share the same interest of creating new looks and being 'stylish'

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

I have used Photoshop to construct my magazine, I used the Magnetic lasso tool to cut out my image and introduced new layers for each thing I added. I played around with different fonts and moved my text around and adjusted size. I also used the AVS room at college, using the white screen, camera and tripod set up and standing lights to ensure no unwanted shadows were created on the face of my model.

No comments:

Post a Comment