Friday 21 March 2014

Draft Evaluation Question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


Editing Software:

iMac
For the vast majority of the course I have used an iMac to create my final product. I feel as if I have got to grips pretty quickly with the device and work well on it. The iMac has helped me gain access to the other products such as Photoshop. I felt comfortable using this computer and found them easy to work with once I got the hand of the system and slightly different keyboard. I prefer to use the Mac instead of a normal PC because I feel that the Mac has a HD quality and is faster than the others available. 

Adobe Photoshop CS6
Photoshop is the software I used to edit and create my pieces both on the computers at school and on my own laptop at home. Before the preliminary task I had had little experience using it so was not confident when producing the preliminary task. I have developed my skills through practise and used my skills that I had learnt to help me produce my final piece.


Microsoft Word
I used work to write up my article. It helped me eliminate any spelling mistakes, keep eye on my word count and help me choose what font I wanted to include in my magazine. It made it easy to use before I copied my article into Photoshop and onto my double page spread. 

Presenting software:


Blogger

I have used Blogger throughout the course, it has allowed me to keep updated with my coursework and to upload any work that I have done. Blogger has allowed me to upload ongoing work and help keep track of the process of making my magazine. Before the course I had never used this software before and have quickly become accustomed to using it and find it easy to navigate and makes presenting my work a simple and hassle fee task. 

Animoto 
Animoto is a video creator and I used it to create my pitch for my magazine in the research and planning stages of my magazine. Prior to the course I hadn't used this software before but it allowed me to create a brilliant video without difficulty and the final product was of a HD quality and was an easy way to represent my ideas and iconic influences.  

Flickr
I used Flickr to upload my pictures from the multiple shoots I did twits my chosen model. I hadn't used flickr before this process but using it allowed me to upload my pictures onto a 'feed' so that other members on the course could view my pictures without any difficulty. 

Twitter
I used this social media to promote my questionnaire within the research and planning stages of my magazine to get more people to take part within the first stages of the course. it was use to use social media as I gathered a wide range of research that helped me make vita decisions within the beginning stages of the process.


Practical Equipment and technology:

Canon EOS Rebel T3 Black 
I decided to use my own camera to take photos so that I decreased any change of using photos and because I am used to using my camera as apposed to the Nikon provided at school. By using my own camera it also made the process hassle free and meant I could easily access my photos and could take photos at any stage if I needed to.




Lighting 
I used the lights in order to create the shadow on my photos, I wanted to create style to give my magazine the edge I was looking for. I had never used these kinds of lights before so took e a few tries to get them where and how I wanted them but after some practise I was fine.







No comments:

Post a Comment