Friday 21 March 2014

Draft Evaluation Question 4

Who would be the audience for your media product?



The audience for Mod are 17-30 year olds. I am trying to fill the gap in the market where people want a magazine that is pretty much solely focused on music and fashion as opposed to other magazine that write and talk about A list celebs. This justifies my use of popular artists of this age group such as Miles Kane and Arctic Monkeys but also fits in with my music genre of 'Indie Rock'

I feel that the look and price of any magazine is key to making it successful. If a magazine doesn't look good or is reasonably priced, it won't sell. After looking at other weekly magazines such as the well renowned NME, priced at £2.50, I thought that because my magazine includes a fashion section as well as a section on music, that I could price my magazine at £3.00. 
I based my pricing around similar magazines of mine, they ranged from £2.50 to £4.50. I tried to go somewhere in the middle of these two prices because I believe it is affordable for my target audience, whether they are in education or have a full time/part time job. I thought that it is curtail that my magazine is affordable because my target audience may be slightly tight money, especially for hose students so I believe that the cost is essential o create a successful publication. If my magazine was too expensive my target audience would look elsewhere to read about music and fashion news. 


No comments:

Post a Comment