Friday 21 March 2014

Draft Evaluation Question 2

How does your media product represent particular social groups?

During the research stages of my magazine I researched different social groups using UK Tribes. It helped give me a clear view of who would be interested in buying my magazine. 


Through looking at UK Tribes and deciding on what social group I would use I then began to make further decisions on my music gene and styling of models that I would use,The age range for my magazine is very wide ranging from 17-30. I have used a wide age range with a predominately male audience because, through my research and the style models I have used I came to the conclusion that the male audience are going to be the ones that are more likely to read my magazine. 

The social groups that will mostly be interested in my magazine are indie scenesters, young alts and scene kids. The reason I have such a wide range of social groups is because of the alternative image I was going for. The 'mod' era, taking place in the late 60's doesn't appeal to everyone and not everyone is suited to that kind of style. I tried to incorporate the 'Mod' look but not to the extent that my target audience would not enjoy the way my model looked.










For my styling, I tried to incorporate the 'Mod' look and therefore wanted to dress my model (Luke) in smart clothing. I decided to dress him in Fred Perry as this is a brand that my target audience are likely to wear and style icons such as Miles Kane have been seen in.


I chose to use a simple and neutral outfit so that it would fit in and link with the type of audience I am targeting. I used the similar styles and brands that my social groups would wear, a few of which would be:

Brands

-

Shoot Outfit





























Because my target audience is wide ranged , I have taken into consideration that they may not all dress like 'Mods' and that the indie style is very varied. Using UK tribes I researched the types of brands that 'Indie Scenesters' are fond of and have tried to incorporate topics into my magazine that my target audience would like to read about. For an example of this, within my article I have mentioned that my artist used to play football which I used because the majority of the target audience, and males of all ages, are interested in. I believe that this will help to attract my audience because it is a interest that most males enjoy to be involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment