Friday 21 March 2014

Draft Evaluation Question 5

How did you attract/address your audience?

As I have a wide ranged audience of 17-30 year olds I tried to use a range of different ideas to attract all ages and lifestyles. I tried to design my magazine so that it would address my target audience. I used a variety of artists from my chosen genre so that all ages would recognise them and would be able to relate to each artist included in my magazine. 


I chose to use the male model so that the male audience can relate to my magazine and I have chosen to feature male dominated bands to continue the link and to create a relationship between my magazine and the reader. 

The range of my audience varies from teenagers to young adults aged 17-30, I tried to keep the idea of my audiences age in mind at all times through creating my magazine in order to get them interested in buying my magazine. I have done this by using well know artists that both fall into my targeted age group and those that fall into my target music genre. My audience is more gender specific for those males included within the target age range which had some impact on some of the decisions I made. I chose to use bands like Arctic Monkeys and artists such as Paul Weller and Miles Kane, not only because they fit in with the style I was going for but because they are very popular and recognisable by all ages. For my Cover, Contents and Double Page Spread I chose to use a male model as my target audience has a predominant male percentage. Although a large number of my audience is likely to be men I need to remember that women are still part of my target audience, so with this in mind I tried to keep the costume and colour scheme as gender neutral as I could. 

Throughout my magazine I tried to go for a classy and clean cut look which was influenced by my style ideas and decisions of dressing my model, and using the iconic stylists that dress like 'Mods.' I tried to stick to the colour scheme of a simple, red, black and white to coincide with the simplistic style. I believe that my magazine attracts the audience through the iconic bands and artists from my chosen genre and through the simplistic and clean cut images and layout throughout my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment