Friday 11 April 2014

Final Question 3


What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

After looking at the main institutions that are involved with publishing and distributing music magazines I have decided to use Bauer Media to be the publisher. This company are already being successful with the magazine MOJO, in the first half of 2012, MOJO sold a staggering 84,560 copies and has seen rises in sales ever since. 

(taken from the Bauer Media website)

"MOJO is the world’s largest UK music magazine, delivering a monthly dose of world class journalism and iconic photography to an audience of extremely passionate music consumers. If you’re featured in MOJO, you matter."

I think that there is a gap in the market for a mainstream, weekly magazine aimed at 17-30 yea olds therefore I feel that Bauer Media could make my magazine successful. Bauer Media also have MOJO as an online magazine which I could use with my magazine. As my social groups of Indie Scenesters and Scene Kids are often downloading things onto iPads and iPhones and looking at things online they may prefer a digital version as apposed to buying a paper copy from a local newsagents like anybody could do. Social media is also a huge part of my target social groups, especially scene kids, which could be another way in which my magazine gets publicised. 

With the great name and well known success Bauer Media has I think that they could take my magazine and create a great name for and continue their thriving reputation by filling the ago in the market with my magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment